This demo allows you to run through Lesson 1.
Click on this button to sample the lesson:
Click here to learn about the other lessons:
For the text-to-speech option, please exit and re-open SentenceWeaver using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Number of points needed to earn it:
Change number of trials until correct answer is shown (default is 6)
The Causal and Conditional Sentences Module consists of 9 lessons plus a placement test and post test.
The lessons cover:
A total of 233 exercises.
- Correlative comparisons ("The higher the sun is, the shorter the shadow").
- Dependency relationships ("How scared the girl feels depends on how high she climbs"; "Whether the boy's face will get messy depends on whether he eats the ice cream").
- Causal relationships with -ing clauses and since-clauses ("By saying 'boo' the boy made the girl feel surprised"; "Since the boy said 'boo' the girl felt surprised").
- Conditionals and counterfactual conditionals ("If the boy says yes, the girl will feel happy"; "If the boy had said yes, the girl would have felt happy").
- Purpose clauses ("The girl brushed her teeth in order to avoid getting cavities").
- Infinitival objects of ask, persuade, and promise ("The girl asked/persuaded the boy to go to the store"; "The girl promised the boy to go to the store.")