This demo allows you to run through Lesson 5.
Click on this button to sample the lesson:
Click here to learn about the other lessons:
Your browser does not support SentenceWeaver's text-to-speech feature.
If you'd like text-to-speech, please exit and re-open SentenceWeaver using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Type in an external reward for the lesson trainee:
Type in the number of points (5-20) needed to earn the reward:
The Dependent Clauses Module consists of 7 lessons plus a placement test and post test.
The lessons cover:
A total of 515 exercises.
- Adverbials of manner ("The girl got from the house to the tree by swimming").
- Because-clauses ("The boy's arm hurt because the cat was biting it").
- Relative clauses ("The girl who is sitting on the couch has longer hair").
- Embedded -ing clauses ("The boy saw the girl brushing her teeth").
- Embedded infinitival clauses ("The girl wants the boy to come over to her house").
- "Tough"-movement and extraposition ("Doing the puzzle is easy for the girl"; "The puzzle is easy for the girl to do"; "It is easy for the girl to do the puzzle").
- Embedded clauses with tensed verbs ("It's possible that the girl waved at the boy"; "We don't know whether the boy gave the girl a cookie.")
- Past progressive tense ("The cart was moving because the girl was pushing it.")
- Modal verbs ("The girl may be happy"; "The boy may have been angry.")