This demo allows you to run through Lesson 1.
Click on this button to sample the lesson:
Click here to learn about the other lessons:
For the text-to-speech option, please exit and re-open SentenceWeaver using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Number of points needed to earn it:
Change number of trials until correct answer is shown (default is 6)
The Embedded Clauses and Advanced Pronouns Module consists of 7 lessons plus a placement and post test:
A total of 400 exercises.
- Distinctions between first, second, and third person pronouns.
- Pronoun case:
- I, me, my, myself
- you, yourself, yourselves
- we, us, our
- he, him, his, himself
- she, her, herself.
- Direct speech ("I want you to help him tie her shoes") vs. reported speech ("The boy said that he wants me to help him tie her shoes.")
- Imperative sentences ("Help me tie my shoes")
- Embedded sentences ("The girl said that she wants the boy to take her to her school"; "The girl told the boy to clean up his lunch.")
- Embedding a sentence with one verb tense inside a sentence with a different verb tense, including past future ("The boy said that he would clean up his lunch").