This demo allows you to run through Lesson 3.
Click on this button to sample the lesson:
Click here to learn about the other lessons:
For the text-to-speech option, please exit and re-open SentenceWeaver using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Number of points needed to earn it:
Change number of trials until correct answer is shown (default is 6)
The Embedded Questions I Module consists of 6 lessons plus a placement test and post test.
The lessons cover:
A total of 400 exercises.
- More practice with first, second, and third person pronouns:
- I, me, my, myself
- you, yourself, yourselves
- we, us, our
- he, him, his, himself
- she, her, herself.
- Direct speech ("Do you want me to play with you?") vs. reported speech ("The girl asked the boy whether he wanted her to play with him.")
- Embedding questions with if/whether, where, and when ("Where do you go to school"->"He asked her where she goes to school")
- More practice embedding a sentence with one verb tense inside a sentence with a different verb tense, including the past future
("The girl will ask the boy whether he would clean up his lunch").