This demo allows you to run through Lesson 4.
Click on this button to sample the lesson:
Click here to learn about the other lessons:
For the text-to-speech option, please exit and re-open SentenceWeaver using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Number of points needed to earn it:
Change number of trials until correct answer is shown (default is 6)
The Embedded Questions II module consists of 5 lessons plus a placement test and post test.
A total of 180 exercises.
- More practice with first, second, and third person pronouns:
- I, me, my, myself
- you, yourself, yourselves
- we, us, our
- he, him, his, himself
- she, her, herself.
- Direct speech ("Which school is he taking her to") vs. reported speech ("The girl asked the boy which school he is taking her to.")
- Embedding questions with which, how, why, what, and who ("How tightly do you want me to tie your shoes?"->"The boy asked me how tightly I want him to tie my shoes.")
- More practice embedding a sentence with one verb tense inside a sentence with a different verb tense, including the past future
("The girl will ask the boy how he would clean up his lunch").