This demo allows you to run through Lesson 2.
Click on this button to sample the lesson:
Click here to learn about the other lessons:
For the text-to-speech option, please exit and re-open SentenceWeaver using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Number of points needed to earn it:
Change number of trials until correct answer is shown (default is 6)
The Passives and Other Paraphrases Module consists of 6 lessons plus a placement test and post test.
The lessons cover:
A total of 332 exercises.
- Use of "going to" for future tense ("The girl is going to give the boy a cookie.")
- Passive voice ("The boy's arm was bitten by the cat").
- Past participle verb forms (eaten, taken, driven, bitten, given, thrown, worn).
- Cleft sentences ("It was the bigger ball that the girl threw"; "What the light haired boy is standing on is a table.")
- Inversion ("Into the woods went the train.")
- Elliptical expressions ("The boy is doing what the girl is doing"; "The girl ate an apple and so did the boy.")